Toys & Toybags
Everyone who plays on a regular basis should put together a "toy bag". This is true for both Doms and Subs.
Your toy bag is a place to keep everything in one place. As a sub, you know everyone who has ever used each toy in the toy bag, and you know the last time it was cleaned. It can also be a self-limiting list of toys that you will allow someone to use on you during play by saying "If it isn't in MY toy bag, you can't use it!"
As a Dom, it allows you to show a submissive what they might expect. Going through your toy bag with a sub (before you play) will help establish your capabilities, limits and will help establish trust.
There are all type of toys, but they can generally broken down into several categories:
- (things that hit) Floggers, single tails, Paddles, etc.
- (things that are inserted) Dildoes, Butt Plugs, etc.
- Sensation devices
- Wartenberg Wheels, knife play, wax play
- TENS Units, Violet Wands
- cuffs, handcuffs, chains, locks, humblers, etc.
- Medical toys
- needles, OB-Gyn toys, enema equipment, etc.
- nettles, clove, wasabi, cinnamon, other plants, etc, that cause stimulation
- Torture devices
- things that have no other basic use other than to cause pain.
Some items that you might think about having in a toy bag:
- About a half a dozen handkerchiefs for use as gags or blindfolds
- About a hundred and fifty feet of tubular webbing cut to various lengths to fit your personal preferences.
- Chain, padlocks and keys.
- EMT Safety shears
- Personal needles and sharps, etc if you are interested in Medical Play and a sharps container to put used toys in.
- A small CD player or radio to provide mood music (Don't forget the CD's)
- A candle and matches to help set the mood (and to provide emergency lighting)
- Coconut oil (for massage and/or personal lubricant)
- Personal bathing soap (if you are allergic to some soaps)
- Personal dildos and vibrator (That way you will know who has used them!)
- Sex Toys An article by Mistress Michelle
Remember that a toy bag is very much like a makeup bag. It has to fit your personality and it must fit the needs of the trip you are about to make, and someone will have to carry it!