The Memoirs of Dolly Morton
The work was published under the collective pseudonym Jean de Villiot, but is generally attributed to Hugues Rebell (George Grassal). The full title is The Memoirs of Dolly Morton: The Story of A Woman’s Part in the Struggle to Free the Slaves, An Account of the Whippings, Rapes, and Violences that Preceded the Civil War in America, with Curious Anthropological Observations on the Radical Diversities in the Conformation of the Female Bottom and the Way Different Women Endure Chastisement.
The book relates the misadventures of Quakers Dolly Morton and her companion Miss Dove, who venture into the American South to help with an Underground Railroad. They are captured, flagellated and raped, and Dolly Morton is forced to be the mistress of a plantation owner. The book is written as the memoirs of Dolly Morton after she has become a madam.
The illustrations by Louis Malteste, of which two examples are given below, are among the oldest we know of the prolific spanking artist.
- A young girl’s humiliating experiences
- Redeeming the slave
- I am chased by a bull in the country
- The humiliation of our persons and the ravishment of my virgin state
- I am stripped naked and receive a most terrible whipping
- Moral torture is allied to physical
- My attempts to escape are frustrated
- My virginity is to be sacrificed
- I become a «past mistress» in the joyful craft of bottom-wriggling
- Voluptuous effects of flagellation
- Hot viands and bottom-spanking escapades
- I witness more whipping scenes
- Dinah wants a woman whipped
- Spanked and rogered again
- Dinah receives an awful spanking
- A most awful flagellation
- Endeavors to stop the whipping of women
Translations and reprints
In 1901, a French translation was published under the title En Virginie which has been stripped of the sexually explicit parts. It was also published under the title L'Esclavage et les punitions corporelles en Amérique.
The Memoirs of Dolly Morton was reprinted in 1970 by Odyssey Press in London.
- More information on this topic is available at [ Wikipedia:The_Memoirs_of_Dolly_Morton ]
- The Memoirs of Dolly Morton on Eros-Thanatos
- The Memoirs of Dolly Morton on horntip.com (full text online)
- The Memoirs of Dolly Morton