The "House that Jack Built" in Hollywood has a history of its own. Thousands of pinup pictures were taken on the property owned by John McDermott, including pictures that appear in House of Milan magazines.
- Harold Lloyd
- The picture to the right is of Tura Satana. It was taken by Harold Lloyd at the Spiderpool (part of the John McDermott estate). It is printed as a 3-D photo on p.100 of "Harold Lloyd's Hollywood Nudes in 3-D"
It clearly shows "the spider" for whom the pool is named. Water would flow from the top of the mosaic, across the spider, and into the pool below.
- From Yahoo Spiderpool group
- There are bondage pictures at the pool, and at one time, I thought they might have been done by HOM, from the style(s) in the pictures, but we now know that the timeline would have been wrong, and they were probably done by John Willie, as the book claimed. (See: A John Willie Portfolio)
For a history of the "House that Jack Built", I have archived the following articles from the Yahoo Spiderpool Group moderated by Rowan:
- Secrets of the Spiderpool, Part One
- Secrets of the Spiderpool, Part Two
- Secrets of the Spiderpool, Part Three
- Secrets of the Spiderpool, Part Four
- Secrets of the Spiderpool, Part Five
- Secrets of the Spider pool, Bonus Edition
- Spiderpool Models
- John Willie and The Spiderpool
Three of the major sources for this series of articles were:
- http://spiderpool.blogspot.com - and
- "Harold Lloyd's Hollywood Nudes in 3-D" is part of "The BackDrop Club Research Library" < ISBN:1579126790 > on Amazon.com}
- Also see the page [ Why ] for reasons this topic was chosen for inclusion in our website