A spanking position is a position assumed by the spanker and the spankee that facilitates the spanking. This means, first, that the spankee's buttocks are well-presented for the spanking. Two aspects are important here for the spanker: a) reach and b) view (for good aim, and to see the effect of the spanks). Second, a spanking position is often designed such that the spankee can not easily leave the position until permitted. Finally, a good spanking position is comfortable (as good as possible) for both the spanker and the spankee, does not obstruct breathing, circulation, etc, and minimizes the risk of injury, e.g. from uncontrolled body movements.
There are many such positions, and each has their own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages. The choice of position will influence the "feel" of the spanking, both for the spanker and for the spankee. As an (often welcome) side effect, practically all spanking positions are also humbling or humiliating for the spankee to assume.
Many people have strong opinions as to which positions they personally like or dislike. The choice of position will in practice depend on many factors, such as:
- whether the spanking is on the spot or prepared
- what spanking implement is to be used
- whether the spanking will be quick or long
- whether body contact is desired or not
- what size and weight is the spankee
- whether the spankee tends to hold still very well -- or squirms a lot, or even attempts to escape
- how strong is the spanker
- where the spanking will be given
- what items of furniture are available
- what "type" is the spanking, such as disciplinary, sensual or erotic
While in BDSM, the bottom will often be restrained for their punishment, in spanking restraints are rarely used - mostly in judicial corporal punishment only. The reason why restraints are usually unnecessary is that usually either the spankee is cooperative (or trained) not to get out of position, or the position is such that it makes it physically difficult or impossible even for an uncooperative spankee to get up before the spanker lets them. Still, some spanking positions are also suitable for bondage when this is desired.
From the point of view of anatomy, the following aspects of a spanking pose are relevant:
- What is the angle of the legs in relation to the torso? This determines how taut the buttocks are (glutaeus muscles and skin) and whether flexing the buttocks muscles is possible or not.
- Are the legs together or apart? This influences the shape of the buttocks and whether or not the inside of the crack and the anal and genital region are exposed. Also whether or not the inner thighs are targetable.
- Is the head lower, same level or higher than the torso? This determines circulation.
- Does the position require self-support from the spankee, or can the spankee relax all muscles while in position?
- Is breathing made difficult?
Popular spanking positions
Body contact between spanker and spankee:
- The over-the-knee position position. The spanker sits either at the edge of a couch/bed or on a plain, armless chair while the spankee lies down on the spanker's lap. This position is the most common in disciplinary spanking (especially for children) for two reasons. The first is the spankee's buttocks are in a very spankable position. The second is that the spankee cannot get up without the spanker's approval.
- The frontal over-the-lap position. A variant of the over-the-knee position in which the spankee is not laid sideways over the lap, but is taken between the spanker's knees, facing the spanker.
- The straddling position. A variant of the over-the-knee position in which the spankee is astride or straddling the spanker's lap.
- The over-one-knee position. The spankee bends over one of the spanker's thighs.
- The tucked-under-the-arm position. The spanker sits on a setee at an angle and the spankee is placed so the waist-up is behind the spanker.
- The underarm position. Similar, but with both partners standing.
- The standing-between-legs position. The spankee is standing, restrained by the legs between the seated spanker's legs.
- The head-between-legs positions (several variants).
- The waist-between-legs positions (several variants).
Spankee's torso or hips on object:
- The half-standing position. The spankee stands up, but with the torso resting horizontally on a desk or table. In another version, the spankee just holds onto the desk with their back sticking out. Standing fully upright can cause back injuries.
- The bent-over-object position. The spankee bends over a chair or stool, or the arm of an armchair or couch, such that his/her knees are off the ground (not kneeling); his/her legs may touch the floor, but without bearing any weight.
- The kneeling position. The spankee kneels down, usually with their torso on a block or chair. This position is common for birching.
- The knees-and-chest position, a variation of the on-all-fours position where the spankee's head and chest is lower, so his or her bottom sticks up into the air.
- The lying position. The spankee lies down on a bed or couch. Then the spanker stands near and begins spanking. The spankee may also lie on their stomach on the floor and be spanked from above, or they can lie on their side before the spanker sits on top and spanks from the side. All lying positions are well suited for using a whipping implement.
- The horsed position. The spankee is "horsed" on the back of a third person.
- The trestle or "A-frame" position. The spankee bends over a trestle with the bottom at the apex. Torso and hands lie along one leg of the trestle and legs along the other.
No support at all under the spankee's torso or hips:
- The standing position. The spankee stands upright and is spanked. The spanker can steady the spanker with his non-spanking hand to help him/her to keep balance and in position (see underarm position).
- The leaning position. The spankee stands but leans on a wall or against a sturdy piece of furniture, such as a table, and is spanked.
- The bent-over position. The spankee stands and bends over in mid-air. The spankee can put their hands on their knees for a more upright position or hold their ankles or touch their toes for a more sharply bent position.
- The position of murgha. Murga is mostly used in the Indian subcontinent and means "Adult male chicken" in Hindi. The spankee bends his/her body forward in a semi-sitting position, with the head down and the buttocks up, the arms passing through the gap between the legs and the hands strictly holding or pulling the ears. The ears should be strongly held between the thumb and the first finger.
- The on-all-fours position. The spankee gets down on his/her hands (or elbows) and knees.
- The knee-chest position. The spankee gets down on his/her knees and lowers his/her chest so his/her bottom sticks up into the air.
- The lunge position. The spankee gets down on hands and feet, with (nearly) straight knees off the floor and the buttocks are stuck up high into the air.
- The diaper position. The spankee reclines on her or his back and the spankee's legs are lifted up and held during the spanking.
- The plow position. The spankee reclines on his/her back and lifts his/her legs behind his/her head.
The spankee may be placed in any one of these positions, or one suited for using spanking furniture.
- The handstand position, as seen in the short film La Valiente
- The bongo position
- The two spankees OTK position
- "Wheelbarrow" (e.g. in this M/F spanking photo, (Adult site))
- Standing/walking bongo position (F/f home video clip)
- Upside down trestle / pushed up diaper position (M/F photo, (Adult site))
- Plow position between the spanker's legs by El Manto Negro (F/F, (Adult site))
- Over lap, legs up (M/F, (Adult site))
Images of other unusual spanking positions:
- Objectives of spanking positions (for aspects in which the choice of position can facilitate and enhance the spanking)
- Forced motion
- Slave positions
- "Bottoms up"
|Also see the [ Furniture category ]|
What links here • References and Sources • eMail The Wiki Staff • Contact Info