Although most people aren't even aware of it, the cities of Palo Alto, Mountain View and Los Altos have been home to some of todays most important technological breakthroughs
- Fabian Way is a little street near the corner of Charleston Ave and San Antonio in Palo Alto.
- Durrum Instruments - manufactured an Amino-Acid analyzer that was instrumental in
- developing a blood test for diagnosis of PKU in new born babies
- determining genus and family of prehistoric shell fish by studying the genetic makeup of samples brought up from the ocean floor by the Glomar Explorer and Glomar Challenger
- Western Development Laboratories (WDL) - which was bought by PhilCo (as in Phil Lear, the inventor of the car radio and Lear Jets) - which was bought by Ford Motor Company and WDL became Ford Aerospace - which became todays Loral Aerospace!
What links here • References and Sources • eMail The Wiki Staff • Contact Info