The on-all-fours position is a spanking position. In this position, the spankee gets down on all fours - i.e. on hands (or more commonly, elbows, in which case it is also called knee-elbow position) and knees. This can be done either on the floor (preferrably on a carpet so it is not too uncomfortable for his/her knees), on a mattress on the floor, or on a bed or couch. This position will present the buttocks and, typically, the genitalia to the spanker.
This position allows the spankee a considerable amount of freedom, which can make it difficult to keep in good position during the spanking. In particular, it is tempting for the spankee to thrust his/her body forward as a reaction to a hard blow, and/or in an attempt to escape the next spank. The spanker can hold the spankee's shoulder/nape of the neck, or place a free hand on the lower back to help the spankee stay in position. For a spankee, staying in the on-all-fours position may seem to be a trial. Thus, a good spanker may play on this theme by coaching the spankee to stay in position.
The spanker can also secure the spankee by tucking his/her head/neck between the spanker's legs (see head-between-legs position), or by locking the spankee's waist between his legs (see waist-between-legs position). In both cases, the spanking is then given from "above" rather than the usual sideways direction.
- The lunge position is similar, but the spankee is on hands and feet, with his/her knees off the ground. This is an advanced position requiring modest athletic skill.
- The knee-chest position is a variation of the on-all-fours position, where the spankee kneels and then lowers his/her head and chest to the floor or bed. In this manner, the bare bottom sticks up into the air. The knee-chest position presents the spankee in an vision of supplication.
- The side-of-bed position is another variation of the on-all-fours position, where the spankee kneels on the floor and places head/arms on a bed. The spanker stands and spanks at a 45 degree angle. In this position, the spankee may have full view of the implement rising and falling, which may heighten anxiety.
- Many items of spanking furniture position the spankee in a similar kneeling pose with their torso resting e.g. on a suitable spanking block or spanking bench.
- Also see the page [ Positions gallery ]