New York is a state in the Northeastern region of the United States, and is the country's third most populous state with a population of about 19 million.
New York City, which is the largest city (with a population of about 8 million) in the United States, is known for its history as a gateway for immigration to the United States and its status as a financial, cultural, transportation, and manufacturing center.
New York was inhabited by the Algonquian, Iroquois, and Lenape Native American groups at the time Dutch and French nationals moved into the region in the early 17th century. First claimed by Henry Hudson in 1609, the region came to have Dutch forts in Fort Orange, near the site of the present-day capital of Albany in 1614 and was colonized by the Dutch in 1624, at both Albany and Manhattan; it later fell to British annexation in 1664. About one third of all of the battles of the Revolutionary War took place in New York. New York became an independent state on July 9, 1776 and enacted its constitution in 1777. The state ratified the United States Constitution on July 26, 1788 to become the 11th state. According to the US Department of Commerce, it is also the state of choice for foreign visitors, leading both Florida and California in tourism respectively.
The New York spanking scene
- Loïc Dubigeon, French artist of erotic BDSM and spanking art, had an exhibition in New York.
- Eric Stanton's only art exhibition was in 1984 at the Danceteria club in New York City.
- Bum Rap Productions have their headquarters in Jersey City, New York.
- Bethany Burke, spanking author and spanking video producer, lives in New York.
- Nick Harmon, gay porn star and producer of M/M spanking videos, lives in New York.
- Spanking Club of New York (SCONY)
One of the most famous New York S&M clubs, now gone, was The Vault (at 14th Street and 9th Avenue). After Madonna shot parts of her Sex book there, it became a trendy, more mainstream celebrity hangout, attracting the likes of Heather Locklear, Robert Downey Jr., Tommy Lee, and Pam Anderson. The Sex book includes a photo of a topless Madonna in leather cap, pants, and boots flogging a bound woman in a latex outfit.