New York is a state in the Northeastern region of the United States, and is the country's third most populous state with a population of about 19 million.
New York City, which is the largest city (with a population of about 8 million) in the United States, is known for its history as a gateway for immigration to the United States and its status as a financial, cultural, transportation, and manufacturing center.
New York was inhabited by the Algonquian, Iroquois, and Lenape Native American groups at the time Dutch and French nationals moved into the region in the early 17th century. First claimed by Henry Hudson in 1609, the region came to have Dutch forts in Fort Orange, near the site of the present-day capital of Albany in 1614 and was colonized by the Dutch in 1624, at both Albany and Manhattan; it later fell to British annexation in 1664. About one third of all of the battles of the Revolutionary War took place in New York. New York became an independent state on July 9, 1776 and enacted its constitution in 1777. The state ratified the United States Constitution on July 26, 1788 to become the 11th state. According to the US Department of Commerce, it is also the state of choice for foreign visitors, leading both Florida and California in tourism respectively.
The New York spanking scene
- Irving Klaw (1910–1966), pioneer of the BDSM film industry, and his most famous model Bettie Page were based in Manhattan in the 1950s.
- John Willie, fetish artist and publisher of Bizarre magazine (1946-1959).
- Charles Guyette created and sold fetish fashions and photos in Manhattan in the 1930s-40s.
- The Eulenspiegel Society is founded in New York City in 1971 as North America’s first SM organization. It is open to all sexes and orientations.
- Bizarre Video, a New York producer of fetish videos for over 25 years.
- Bum Rap Productions have their headquarters in Jersey City, New York.
- Bethany Burke, spanking author and spanking video producer, lives in New York.
- Loïc Dubigeon, French artist of erotic BDSM and spanking art, had an exhibition in New York.
- Eric Stanton's only art exhibition was in 1984 at the Danceteria club in New York City.
- Rick Savage films BDSM reality videos on the streets and on the roof of his building in Brooklyn.
- Nick Harmon, gay porn star and producer of M/M spanking videos, lives in New York.
- The Loft, a premier SM club opens in New York in 1986.
- Spanking Club of New York (SCONY)
- Strictly Spanking New York, NYC-area spanking party group (website)
- La Nouvelle Justine, an S&M theme restaurant, opened in Manhattan in 1997. The staff, both male and female, attired in leather and paraphernalia, provide spankings, boot licking and other services.
One of the most famous New York S&M clubs, now gone, was The Vault (at 14th Street and 9th Avenue). It opened in 1984. After Madonna shot parts of her Sex book and Erotica video there in 1992, it became a trendy, more mainstream celebrity hangout, attracting the likes of Heather Locklear, Robert Downey Jr., Tommy Lee, and Pam Anderson.
The Sex book includes a photo of a topless Madonna in leather cap, pants, and boots flogging a bound woman in a latex outfit. Her Erotica music video was partly shot on Super 8-mm film to recreate the gritty look of a vintage stag movie. Grainy black and white footage from The Vault show Madonna as a dominatrix with male slaves and as a submissive pony-girl in a leather harness and bridle.
- More information on this topic is available at [ Wikipedia:New_York ]
What links here • References and Sources • eMail The Wiki Staff • Contact Info