Meeting Others of Like Interest
- Today, there is a number of ways of finding people of like interests here in the Bay Area. You can attend munches, go to any number of clubs, or go clubbing.
- A Munch is a meeting, typically at a restaurant, so very little play (if any) goes on. The different groups meet on different nights in an effort not to compete with other groups. Each munch has a de facto leader, and the munch takes on the personality of the leader. (I have also found that the restaurant chosen also determines the personality of the group.)
- To find more information about locations and venues, check out www.themunch.org
- Clubs and Clubbing
- There are quite a few organizations and night clubs where you can spend an evening. San Francisco has several places, but the Power Exchange and Bondage-a-go-go are two of the better known venues.
- How do I get my partner involved?
- Robin Roberts of BackDrop teaches a class on How to Meet Others on a regular basis, and has written an article on the subject.