Lexington Steele (2000)
|Alias(s):||The Impaler, Lex Steele|
|Birthdate:||Nov 28, 1969 (age 44 )|
|Born as:||Clifton Todd Britt|
|Location:||New Jersey USA|
|Height:||6' 2" / 1.88m|
Lexington Steele, (born Clifton Todd Britt on November 28, 1969 in New Jersey), is an American award winning performer pornographic actor, director and owner of Mercenary Motion Pictures. He is the only actor to have won the AVN Male Performer of the Year Award three times.
- This article is about a porn star
Education, career prior to porn
He attended Morehouse College in Atlanta Georgia for two years but graduated from Syracuse University's College of Arts and Sciences with a double degree in History and African-American studies in 1993. He is a member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity.
After graduation, he worked in New York City as a stock broker in the World Trade Center starting as a trainee in Euro Brokers Inc and working his way up the chain of command. He was licensed as a financial adviser and working on Wall Street within months of graduating.
He claims that he would have been in the buildings and been a victim of the September 11, 2001 attacks had he kept his old job as a stockbroker. He worked as a model on the side and acted in minor TV roles.
Adult film career
He started to act in adult movies in the latter part of 1997, in New York City. He moved to Los Angeles and joined the industry full-time in March 1998.
Initially he shot mainly for the companies West Coast Productions and director Spunky. Later, he appeared on videotapes produced by Anabolic and Diabolic.
Steele won AVN Male Performer of the Year Awards in 2000, 2002 and 2003, the only actor to win three times. In 2005, Steele was awarded the AVN Award for Best Anal Scene and the X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO) Award for Best Sex Scene, Couple for a scene he did together with his co-star Katsumi in "Lex Steele XXX 3". Other XRCO Awards he has won are best Male Performer and Best Threeway, both of which he won in 2001. He specializes in interracial pornography. He owns many websites dedicated to his sexual endeavors with Caucasian, Asian and Latin American models.
Steele has been linked romantically off-film to actresses Calli Cox and Nikita Denise. He was once falsely rumored to be the father of Calli Cox's son. At one point, Lexington was engaged to porn actress and director Vanessa Blue, and the two have appeared together on Playboy TV (in his two-season show "Lex in the City") and in several movies. They split in June 2006.
Steele now directs and performs exclusively for his own production company, Mercenary Motion Pictures (Headquarters Location Encino, CA ), which he founded in 2003 and serves as chairman and CEO since 2005. The company reported annual net profits of $2.6 million in 2005. He belives that his company will be the first adult entertainment company to be trade in NYSE.
Recently he signed a major contract with Microsoft to embed Silverlight technology in his websites that already utilize WMV, Quicktime and MPEG media formats.
Steele has said that his stage name came about back during the days when he worked as a stock broker when he took the subway to visit a client. At that time he had already decided to move in the adult film industry and use the last name "Steele". His client was located in mid-town and Steele got off the subway at the corner of Madison and Lexington [sic] (It should be pointed out, however, that Madison Avenue and Lexington Avenue do in fact not intersect, but run parallel their entire courses with Park Avenue between them.) where he was struck by the sound of "Lexington" as a first name.
Steele stated that he is a religious man (Baptist), continuing:
- "Yes, I am religious. I am Christian, Baptist. I grew up in as close to a Cosby-show lifestyle as you can get. Doing porno, on a repeated basis, I am committing Coitus interruptus like Onan. I’m not married, so I’m fornicating for a living. I’m paid to have sex, which means what? I’m prostituting by definition. These are things I have to reckon with my God on a daily basis. I knowingly do these things.
- My decision to do porno has forced me to take my religion within. Because of my job I am stronger in my relationship with God, because now I take God with me everywhere I go; if I don’t, I’ll fail. I didn’t know that God blessed me with an abnormally large penis that allows me to make porno. But I feel blessed. I believe I am blessed because I am meant to please one woman for the rest of our lives together. True, I haven’t met her yet."
In a 2008 interview he also said:
- "People who are spiritual, like myself, we carry our spirituality inside of ourselves. I don’t believe any institution has any hierarchy on my personal relationship with God. I have been blessed with physical attributes that have allowed me to provide entertainment. What I do is not illegal so I am not at odds with anything. I’m not married so I am not committing adultery. If I be damned for fornication, then I am no much unlike then the billions of people who walk this earth today."
Steele also starred in an episode of the FX series Nip/Tuck as a male escort at a party.
- 2000 AVN Award for Male Performer of the Year
- 2000 AVN Award for Best Anal Sex Scene (Video) (with Anastasia Blue)
- 2001 AVN Award for Best Couples Sex Scene (with Inari Vachs)
- 2001 XRCO Award for Male Performer of the Year
- 2002 AVN Award for Male Performer of the Year
- 2003 AVN Award for Male Performer of the Year
- 2003 AVN Award for Best Anal Sex Scene (with Jewel De'Nyle)
- 2005 XRCO Award for Best Male-Female Scene (With Katsumi)
- 2005 AVN Award for Best Gonzo Release
- 2006 AVN Award for Best Interracial Release
What links here • References and Sources • eMail The Wiki Staff • Contact Info