Dian Hanson began her publishing career as an American pornographic magazine editor, historian, and occasional model, helping found the 1970s hardcore journal "Puritan", then moving on to "Partner", "OUI", "Adult Cinema Review", "Outlaw Biker" and "Big Butt", among others. She was most famously the editor of Juggs and Leg Show sexual fetish magazines from 1987-2001.
Since 2001 Hanson has held the position of Sexy Book editor for art book publisher, TASCHEN, based in Cologne, Germany, in which capacity she writes and edits all sexually oriented titles for the company. Recent books include "Vanessa del Rio: 50 Years of Slightly Slutty Behavior" and "The Big Penis Book". She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, novelist Geoff Nicholson.
- "The Soho Love Goddess", By Marshall Sella, January 31, 2000, New York (magazine) magazine.
- "Editing by desire", Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management, November 1, 1996, by Michael Kaplan.
- "Dian Hanson", by Ian Gray, Trax.it.
- "Crumb", film review by Roger Ebert, November 20, 2005, Chicago Sun Times
- "Dian Hanson", by Michelle Golden, Index Magazine, 2002. Also at Index Magazine site
- "When nudists swung" Interview by David Bowman about Hanson's book Naked as a Jaybird, 2003-04-11, Salon.com.
- "The Reigning Queen", by Bob Massey, Baltimore City Paper, September 27, 2006