Comiket, otherwise known as the Comic Market or CM, is the world's largest comic convention, held twice a year in Tokyo, Japan. The first CM was held in December 1975, with only about 30 participating circles and an estimated 700 attendees. Attendance has since swelled to over a quarter of a million people. The convention lasts for three days. It is a grassroots, DIY effort for selling dōjinshi, self-published Japanese works. As items sold in CM are considered very rare (because dōjinshi are seldom reprinted), some items sold at CM can be found in shops or on the Internet at prices up to 10 times the item's original price.
- Japanese contraction of "anime" - tion
- People who dress as dolls, or dollers
- Anime with explicit sexual or pornographic artwork.
- Japanese comic books
- Also see the page [ Bondage Fairies ]
- Japanese word for "geek" (usually meant in a derogatory manner)
- Also see the [ Conventions Category ]