Clubs vs Clubbing
- "structured communities of people". They usually have a membership and hold regular meetings.
- Some of the major Clubs here in the Bay Area are:
- going (as individuals, couples, or small groups) to a night club, bar or venue that allows BDSM behavior.
- Dance Club
- A venue where the primary activity is dancing, as in goth clubs, etc
- Night club
- A nightclub (or "night club" or "club") is a drinking, dancing, and entertainment venue which does its primary business after dark. A nightclub is usually distinguished from bars, pubs or taverns, by the inclusion of a dance floor and a DJ booth, where a DJ plays recorded dance and pop music. Some nightclubs have other forms of entertainment, such as comedians, "go-go" dancers, a floor show or strippers (see strip club). The music in nightclubs is either live bands or, more commonly a mix of songs played by a DJ through a powerful PA system. Most clubs or club nights cater to certain music genres, such as house music or salsa.
- Play Space
- A venue that is outfitted for BDSM play
You may also wish to read How to Meet Others
(Please realize that this list is short. Most cluubs and venues are listed in the Resource Guides
What links here • References and Sources • eMail The Wiki Staff • Contact Info