Autosadism, or automasochism is behaviour inflicting pain or humiliation on oneself; it may be related to self-harm or a paraphilia involving sexual arousal. It can be viewed as a form of masochism, a sublimated form of sadism, or a means to experiencing algolagnia, a sexual tendency which is defined by deriving sexual pleasure and stimulation from physical pain.
- Studies in the Psychology of Sex, Havelock Ellis, 2007 Volume 3, p122 < ISBN:1406862827 > Buy it from Amazon.com
- Clinical Assessment, Computerized Methods, and Instrumentation Frans J. Maarse (2003) Taylor & Francis, Publisher - < ISBN:9026519443 > Buy it from Amazon.com page=78
- Autistic barriers in neurotic patients, Frances Tustin (1986) Karnac Books, Publisher < ISBN:0946439257 > Buy it from Amazon.com page=60
- Medico-Legal Aspects of Sexual Crimes and Unusual Sexual Practices, Anil Aggrawal (2208) CRC Press, Publisher < ISBN:9781420043082 > Buy it from Amazon.com
- Auto-sadiquement vôtre, B. Facro-Kreit (2002) Rev. Belg Psychanal. Volume 40, pp 99–107 http://www.pep-web.org/document.php?id=rbp.040.0099a